What we do
Sustainable Life App™ connects eco-conscious consumers with sustainable businesses and brands in their area!
Use the app at home or while you travel to live a life in-line with YOUR core values.
We help communities reduce waste and create a circular economy with our awesome map-based app! (free on Apple & Android).
Who we are
- We started in March 2020 - right at the beginning of the Covid19 pandemic.
- The app has been very well received around the globe.
- To date we have over 4000+ business listings, our user count is growing daily AND the Canadian government has given us over $190,000+ in grants! We feel blessed (to say the least).
- We are based in beautiful Kelowna, BC Canada.
- We have team members and partners who work ALL around the world.
- Interested in joining our team? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we do what we do
- The 5 Factors for Sustainable Consumption™ (see image above - Impact on Human Health, Environmental Impact, Respect for Human Rights, Respect for Animal Rights, Respecting Your Core Values)
- 5 Factors for Recycling Responsibly (Reduce, Reuse, Repair, Repurpose, Recycle)
- These two 5 Factors are OUR core values and guiding force!
- We are aspiring to live in a world in which everything consumed is created and disposed of respecting the earth and ALL living beings! We will not stop until this becomes our FOREVER normal!
Types of Businesses Featured
Eco Service Providers
MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDER
(M) Mangla Bansal
Have you ever had a health scare that forced you to assess the way you live? Or perhaps some other life defining moments that have shaped your core values? Me too!
I lost my sense of smell for 5 years. I literally woke up one day and POOF... GONE!
After 5 years of telling my doctor that "it's not JUST allergies!", I was finally diagnosed with sinusitis by a specialist and got an immediate surgery which gifted me by sense of smell back (I only had a 50/50 chance to smell again). This event forced me to view everything that I consumed from a new lens.
Did you know that the products we use - everything from cleaning products, to the furniture in our home and even our skincare products (just to name a few) can contain ingredients that create negative impacts to our health? Our skin is our biggest organ and we also ingest a bunch just from the air we breathe!
This realization made me wonder what a world were everyone "consumed sustainably" would look like. I sat down one day and created the 5 Factors for Sustainable Consumption (Impact on Human Health, Environmental Impact, Respect for Human Rights, Respect for Animal Rights, Socio-Economic Advantage). My original plan was to make a documentary series (I worked as a Director/Producer in film/TV for over 15 years). I realized however, that documentaries can inspire but not actually create REAL measurable change.
I started Sustainable Life App that day. The very first version of the app officially launched in March 2020 (at the beginning of Covid-19) and we have had a phenomenal response from eco-conscious consumers + the sustainable businesses and brands featured on our app. Additionally, the Canadian government has given us over $190,000+ in grants to date and I feel beyond blessed. Was this an easy journey? Nope... but is any journey? Has this been worthwhile? Yes! I wake up everyday and feel excited about all of the various innovative projects that we have in the works.
The real problem that you, me and ALL users face, is that we are simply TOO BUSY and we need help living sustainably in a way that is easy and convenient for us.
Sustainable Life App is a global business and brand directory helping make sustainable living easy you! Use it at home and while you travel (free on Apple and Android). Our mission is to make our app the solution to your sustainable living problems. My promise to you is to keep expanding, innovating and developing this platform to support you. In our next phase we're exploring waste reduction by integrating in solutions to recycling! Cool, right?
We encourage you to tell your friends and family about Sustainable Life App. Please take a moment to add businesses in your city/town to the app for free at anytime. If you own a sustainable business or brand, we encourage you to get featured! There are so many perks to featuring your business/brand to our platform and you can click here to book a meeting with a member of our team anytime.
Love and light to you all!
M (Mangla) Bansal