Brenna Quinlan is an Australian creator who shares her messages of sustainability and permaculture...
Pumpkin Spice Sauce Recipe
Make your own homemade pumpkin spice sauce or syrup!
Hello Sustainable Life App community!
M here - Sustainable Life's CEO and Founder. Every year it's a MUST in my home to make my famous Pumpkin Spice Sauce and for those of you who prefer to reduce it down further... homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup!
I am sharing my recipe below and I also take you through each of the steps via 3 instagram reel videos.
It is important that we make our own pumpkin spice sauce (great for coffee's, smoothies, latte's, cookies and any other sweets) vs buy them in coffee shops because most coffee shops use favourings that are FULL of chemicals that create inflammation in our bodies. There are SOME small mom and pop type establishments that make their own flavouring... but can you guarantee that they are using a natural sweetner and not processed white sugar?
Think about it...
Homemade pumpkin spice latte's are delicious! I find reducing the sauce to a syrup for latte's tastes better than sauce form 😉
- 2 cups of fresh pumpkin or 1 cup of organic BPA (or bisphenol free) of 100% pumpkin puree
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sweetener of your choice - although I do 2/3 of a cup because I like a mild sweetness (brown sugar, coconut sugar or cane sugar). Please note: coconut sugar, maple syrup and honey make the syrup taste different because they bring their own flavour to the table. I like to stick with cane sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 clove (optional)
- 1 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Recipe/ Steps
- Chop up a medium sized pie pumpkin into cubes. Be careful as you cut the pumpkin and be sure to peel off the skin. Do small sections and be patient.
- Add 2 cups of pumpkin cubes (but you can do 4 and double the recipe too... or add more pumpkin if you like mild sweetness) to a large pot and add the water and the rest of the ingredients and cover with a lid.
- Boil the ingredients at a medium heat until 2/3 of the water has cooked.
- Wait for the ingredients to completely cool and then blend until smooth.
- Add the ingredients back into the pot and continue to cook it down at a medium to low heat into a sauce OR syrup consistency of your choice.
- Enjoy in coffee's, latte's, smoothies, baked goods and more!
- Tag us @sustainablelifeapp in your stories and posts and show us your final product!